Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lesson 2 - Where did 2008 go?

It's been a while since my last post. I've been busy at work, in the house and other responsibilities but I will continue updating my blogs because my mind is screaming now!

As a student, I dreaded all subjects that dealt with numbers. Basic math, Algebra, Calculus, Physics, etc. But I have to take them because it's necessary to pass the course and be educated.
My sisters and my brother loved numbers on the other hand. I felt like I was the most stupid kid then. Mom, who was an elementary school teacher had her special way in teaching me and helped me through my "numbers ordeal". One night, I was so frustrated understanding my Algebra, mom, sat with me until I stopped crying and said, "It's just numbers, Algebra will soon be over and done, but the lesson you learn about numbers will always be there, no matter what you do in life". I passed all my Math subjects and now working with my degree. True, math subjects (that I hated) were all done and over with, but the theory that I learned from them still exist and are still useful.

HONESTLY, where did 2008 go? Time flew so fast. Looking back though, the past year left a lot of lessons for me. Some were so hard to understand until now but I know they were there to learn and to live with. I can't undo what was already done, the lesson will always be there no matter how harsh it was.

There were so many things in my life I wish I did n't experience. But like Algebra, it's over but the lessons I learned from it will always guide me through my life's journey.

No comments: